Are you running your business from a gmail account? (Or yahoo, or hotmail, etc.)
Switch it up and set up your professional email!
I promise it is pretty straightforward.
- Buy your domain name
- Navigate to Namecheap.com
- Type in the domain you want (yourname.com or yourbusinessname.com) and search to see if it’s taken or not.
- if it’s available, add to cart and purchase!
I personally like namecheap because you seem to get the most bang for your buck here. I also like how it integrates with other tools.
2. Set up your email with google (ahh two separate providers? I know but it’s a straightforward set up.)
Here’s how it works:
- First register an account and go follow the instructions in Google Workspace
- Next, you need to confirm that you actually own the domain. This part looks confusing but it’s not! Google provides really detailed instructions on what you need to update.
- Last you need to update your DNS again with new ‘mx’ records that Google provides. Once complete you should be all set.
And in case that’s not helpful enough, I did a horrible job trying to record myself walking through the process…. TWICE. Take a look at these if you need help.
Was this helpful? Let me know! I go into this AND MORE in my new course! I want to help you further professionalize your business so that the people looking for you can easily find you.
Check it out: fayemyrettehayes.com/launch